cellSuite

for the latest mobile market news from Japan come to cellsuite.jp

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Thought for the day

It seems that there is a growing trend in the corporate world to get into peer-to-peer technology. Take 'Skype' for example, created by the founders of the file sharing program 'Kazaa', this software allows you to make long distance phone calls over the internet for next to no cost.

How do you apply the peer-to-peer mentality to mobile phone applications ? I've been thinking about this and am getting quite excited by the possibilities of peer-to-peer apps on phones. If you merge in Geo-position information then and you could create a useful service that alerts people when someone interesting is in their vicinity.

By creating a profile, users would be able to advertise who they are to the world and receive alerts when someone else who matches their search criteria is in the nearby area. This could lead to interesting networking opportunities for salesmen for instance, or for people who share obscure interests. On a more practical level you could advertise that you are looking for a builder to patch up your roof - the service would alert you when someone with the right qualifications passes you.

The idea of online-directories for finding services is not new, but take it to the next level with real-time, real-world integration and you have the beginnings of a datamap which you can overlay on your everyday life.

6 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marcus Saw,
I have been researching file sharing resources and I stumbled upon your blog. Although Thought for the day isn't what I was really after, it made a change from the usual run-of-the-mill blogs I normally seem to find. I'm going now to find more information on file sharing. Take care.

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marcus Saw,
I was looking for information about peer to peer file sharing when I came accross your blog. Thought for the day doesn't answer all of my questions but it sure looks like it'll be useful. I'm off to find more resources on peer to peer file sharing. Good luck and keep it up.

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marcus Saw,
I was looking for information about p2p file sharing when I came accross your blog. Thought for the day doesn't really cover what I was after but it sure looks like it'll be useful. I'm off to find more resources on p2p file sharing. Good luck and keep it up.

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marcus Saw,
I was looking for information about file sharing when I came across your blog. Thought for the day doesn't really cover what I was after but it sure looks like it'll be useful. I'm off to find more resources on file sharing. Good luck and keep it up.

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marcus Saw,
I was researching file sharing software related stuff when I found your blog. While Thought for the day wasn't exactly what I was after, it made interesting reading so I'll be sure to pop by again. I'm off to find out more information about file sharing software. Keep up the good work.

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marcus Saw,
I was looking for information about file sharing software when I came across your blog. Thought for the day doesn't really cover what I was after but it sure looks like it'll be useful. I'm off to find more resources on file sharing software. Good luck and keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama
Blog universe
Look Seek
ooBdoo