cellSuite

for the latest mobile market news from Japan come to cellsuite.jp

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Japanese Mobile Phone Culture

Today I saw a prime example of the proliferation of the mobile phone into Japanese society.

I was riding the Metro home after work, finishing tonight at 9pm, which is early for me, and as I was being packed into an already overcrowded carriage I saw something that made me want to laugh.

Sitting down in front of me, looking as stern as anything, was a businessman who must have been in his fifties. He had his briefcase up on his lap and was holding his umbrella like a cane and in his hands was his mobile phone, this guy obviously meant business.

The intense look on his face couldn't give it away but the reflection in the mirror did.

He was deeply engrossed, trying to jump his way to safety, in a game of SuperMarioLand.

I'm sure there is no-where else in the world where you would see such a site. I only wish I had the guts and audacity to have taken a photograph of him to post here. Unfortunately I am too polite - I guess that comes from living in Japan too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama
Blog universe
Look Seek
ooBdoo